Mailing Address & Fax:
First Words Preschool Speech and Language Program of Ottawa
Pinecrest-Queensway Community Health Centre
1365 Richmond Road, 2nd Floor
Ottawa, ON K2B 6R7
Contact Ottawa Public Health at 613-PARENTS
- If you have questions regarding your child’s speech and language development.
- If you want strategies to promote your child’s speech and language development.
Contact the CHEO Access Team at 613-737-2757
- If your child or youth requires rehabilitation or developmental services: social work, autism diagnosis, care and respite, physiotherapy, occupational therapy, recreation therapy, behaviour services and the First Words Preschool Speech and Language Program.
- If you do not wish to complete the Communication Checkup and you suspect a speech and language delay.
- If you would like help with completing the intake package.
Contact the First Words Preschool Speech and Language Program at 613-688-3979 ext.3434
- If you are having technical difficulty with the Communication Checkup.
- If you would like information about the First Words Health Promotion Services.
Contact the First Words Intake Office at CHEO at 613-737-7600 ext. 2500
- If you would like to know when your child’s first appointment will be scheduled or where your child is on our wait list.
Information about Volunteer Opportunities
AT CHEO: If you are interested in a volunteer experience with CHEO’s Speech Language Pathology Department, please visit the CHEO Volunteer Program. Applicants who are selected for an interview will be streamed to the services at CHEO according to skill sets and preferences. An orientation before assignment will be provided.